THE "FORWARDER'S" 12 STEP PROGRAM
Sometimes friends have to tell you things you might not like to hear, but need to. GCFL is that kind of friend. (this came from GCFL, see link below.) Everyone say it with me...
These days, this includes things shared to forward on FaceBook and Instagram and other social media places as well. Read on.
1) I will NOT get bad luck, lose my friends, or lose my mailing lists if I DON'T forward an e-mail or forward on Facebook or Twitter!
2) I will NOT hear any music or see a taco dog (or whatever), if I do forward an e-mail - or share on Facebook.
3) Bill Gates/Microsoft is NOT going to send me money.
4) Victoria's Secret doesn't know anything about a gift certificate they're supposed to send me.
5) Ford will NOT give me a 50% discount even if I forward my e-mail to more than 50 people!
6) I will NEVER receive gift certificates, coupons, or freebies from Coca Cola, Cracker Barrel, Old Navy, or anyone else if I send an e-mail, or forward in Facebook, to 10 people.
7) I will NEVER see a pop-up window if I forward an e-mail! (If you do, you have a virus or trojan. Get a virus blocker.)
8) There is NO SUCH THING as an e-mail tracking program and I am not STUPID enough to think that someone will send me $100 for forwarding an e-mail to 10 or more people! Or sharing anywhere on any media platforms.
9) There is NO kid with cancer through the Make-a-Wish program in England collecting anything! He did when he was 7 years old. He is now cancer free and 35 years old and DOESN'T WANT ANY MORE POST CARDS, or GET-WELL CARDS!
10) The government does not have a bill in Congress called 901B (or whatever they named it this week) that, if passed, will enable them to charge us 5 cents for every e-mail we send.
11) There will be NO cool dancing, singing, waving, colorful flowers, characters, or program that I will receive immediately after I forward an e-mail, or share something on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. NONE, ZIP, ZERO, NADA!!
12) The American Red Cross will NOT donate 50 cents to certain individuals dying of some never-heard-of disease for every e-mail address I send this to. The American Red Cross RECEIVES donations. Send them money if you wish.
13) I will not click on anything on Facebook that says they need to access my Facebook information. I realize I will probably get a virus that way. In fact, I WILL NOT share any of my information with ANYONE I don't know on the Internet. (Don't complain if you do, you've been warned.)
14) And finally, I WILL NOT let others guilt me into forwarding an email, or sharing on Facebook, by telling me if I don't I am not their friend, something bad will happen to me or that I'm a bad person.
Now, repeat this to yourself until you have it memorized, and send it along to at least 5 of your friends before the next full moon or you will gain twenty pounds in the next three months! (No, not really! If you believe that last statement, go back and read this message again!)
Received from Daveandand.
From: http://www.gcfl.net or write to email@example.com
Added August 14, 2005 (updated and more stuff added by me on Nov. 26, 2017)
-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Back to Top
Back to Computer and Internet Humor
FAIR USE NOTICE: This page may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This website distributes this material without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C § 107.
NOTE TO AUTHORS: If you are the author of this article and do not wish to have this posted on the angelstarcreations.com website, please write to me at my email address or mailing address on my contact page, and I will remove the article. Please mention the URL of the page which you want to bring to my attention. This is a personal Web site for educational purposes only. ~ Angel Star